The Wellbeing Team works to promote and maintain the health and wellbeing of students.
Students are better prepared for learning when they are healthy, safe and happy.
We provide support to:
Macleod College is working closely with MindMatters to ensure that the principles which underpin the development of the initiative are successfully
implemented. These principles are as follows:
• Young people are at the heart of a mentally healthy school
• Respectful relationships underpin mental health
• Young people are actively involved in their own and others mental health
• Schools, health agencies & community work together
• Families have a significant role to play
• Diversity is respected & valued
MindMatters targets four key components which identify schools as communities for promoting positive mental health and wellbeing and also aim to provide student skills for resilience, parent family support as well
as support for students experiencing mental health difficulties.
Outcomes that our initiative aims to achieve include:
• Attachment to school
• Social and emotional skills for resilience
• Help seeking behaviour
• Improved learning outcomes
• Accessing appropriate services
• Whole school community understands mental health
• Diversity is acknowledged and supported